Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Meet Stubs...

Our beautiful and sweet stay cat. We are a Family of jokesters. My kids know that mama is crazy and they are just as funny (I am funny, damnit.) One night I told Naya that she had to pack up her things and move out. She asked me why with a half smile on her face. I told her because mommy and daddy always wanted 3 kids and 5 cats and since she was the last one to join the Family it was only fair that she be the first one to go, then we could take in Stubs and our dream would come true...she still had the smile on her face when she asked if she could spend the night on Fridays, I told her that she could sometimes...we then laughed and hugged. Then she asked me if she really did move out would we let Stubs in because she really wanted him to have a home-- she had tears in her eyes. Shit. My "joke" totally backfired. Fudgesicles. I explained to her that he could be our outside cat. We would feed him and give him water and love him, but he had to stay outside otherwise we'd have to get rid of one of our pets and that wouldn't be very responsible or fair. She told me that she would help feed him and that she wouldn't want to get rid of any of our 4 other cats anyway. Sigh. I know that she has a tender heart and LOVES animals, so I learned my lesson. I think. LOL. Well, here he is. Beautiful boy.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Amy said...

That is so sweet. What a good girl you got. If you make her move out, send her here!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up. I miss you!

Mike said...

Cats can't pass disease to people. They can pass things like fleas or ticks, but disease can only be passed onto other cats, so your kids are safe, but to be safe they should wash their hands after petting Stubs, before they go and pet your cats.

Deanna said...

shut up Mike.
I know that, and I do make them wash their hands...LMFFAO.

Cheri Pryor said...

I've got 3 dogs (well, 2.5 since we have Tilly), 2 indoor cats and 1 outdoor cat. My zoo beats your zoo by 2.

Mike said...

Hahahaha, ok I'll shut up, but only so I can go post a new entry in MY BLOG