Thursday, December 4, 2008

Reading makes me sleepy

so lately I've been reading a lot. I have loved to read ever since I learned how! LOL seriously though I have. I remember in high school each quarter in English we had to read some sort of 'required reading' book. Once in a while the storyline just would not grab my attention so I just wouldn't read it. My Mom, who normally would not accept excuse for non compliance, didn't seem to make a big deal about my not reading certain books...probably cutting me some slack because I read constantly. (I've reread catcher in the rye a few times as an adult LoL) Since having children, my reading times has come to an almost complete halt. I cannot keep my eyes open once I sit still!
Joe has bought me a few Dean Koontz hardbacks and they have taken me forever to finish-- one almost 5 yaers hahaha. So NOT kidding. I've noticed that a couple of my daughters have a slight interest in reading, and it would be down right shameful if I didn't do my part in developing that interest. So lately we have been going to the library more often. I plan to take them Saturday in fact. (I went yesterday before picking them up) and No, I haven't read any of the Twilight series yet! LOL though I have to be honest, all the buzz about the books had a dominoe effect in my thought process which lead to my getting back to reading. My mind is a scary place, I tell ya. I still can't keep my eyes open. Last night I fell asleep by 9 o'clock reading a Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum novel. Hey Jack, if you're reading this, what is the name of that Patricia Cornwell book you were reading? I can't remember...
anyway, just thought I'd share my rediscovery with y'all =D

6 comments:

Ramona said...

My friend just told me to read Janet Evanovich yesterday. How funny. I recently read a few funny light reads. If you like chick lit, let me know and I'll get you some titles. :)

Mike said...

Don't waste your time reading the Twilight series, unless you are interested in seeing the vampire noir/genre being reduced into a tween. The movie looks even more ridiculous with the casting of such flawless "pretty boys" to play vampires, I mean really give me an f'n break.

Now, the final book in the series I hear, does change into a violent book, but is that enough to sift through the necessary garbage first?

Tons better stuff.

Oh and Stephen King > Dean Koontz sucka.....

Mike said...

Oh snap....I meant to say...

"reduced into a sappy tween melodrama"

It is basically Dawson's Creek with a vampires.

Mike said...

*pops back in* Whoa, haha it's me again....

THIS http://www.lettherightoneinmovie.com/

is how you do a vampire flick with children in it.....

Cheri Pryor said...

LOVE Jan Evanovich! I've read through the book 8 in the Stephanie Plum series.

Have you tried Wicked? lol!

Patti H said...

I too love to read but I have not picked up a book in forever either! Waving hi Deanna!!